Friday, February 3, 2012

Choose differently today

Today is my birthday! I can't sleep. I guess I am waiting for my mom to call to wish me happy birthday. That won't happen. But Martha will call any minute just to wake me up to remind me that for a brief moment I am two years older than she is. For 25 days I will be 2 years older!! 

So I get up at 5:30 to go check my email and find this post from a blog I subscribe to called Higher AwarenessIt hasn't come regularly for months but today I find this post, Choose differently today. Today of all days, I am to choose differently. How appropriate. 

It goes on to say:

The great benefit of heightened awareness is that we have more choice in how we live our lives. At any moment, we can purposefully choose a new experience for ourselves. We can choose to pay attention, breathe more deeply, laugh, rest, play, appreciate, do something different - the possibilities are endless.
Whenever you remember, TAKE YOURSELF OFF AUTO-PILOT and really examine your situation. Take charge and make a choice that will enrich your experience. At the end of the day, reflect on what happened and how you felt when you chose a new line of thought, feeling or action.

I purposely choose different choices this last year or so. I left my job (well they helped me leave), I am back with the business I started 7 years ago in business for myself, the business is growing because of choices we made, and most important, we embark on our Great Loop journey in 150 days. 

I guess I really am choosing to live differently today!!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment